Or, in this case, lady who lunches, I guess. It’s finals time. My last finals time ever (hallelujah!). While the light at the end of the tunnel (I’m done at noon tomorrow!!!) certainly helps, nothing can truly ease the pain and irritation caused by this time of the semester. Except perhaps some fabulous eats.
For some reason, breakfast is always a chore for me and lunch is kind of take-what-you-get, while dinner is the main event meal of each day. The last two weeks however have been filled with some of the most delectable lunches I’ve ever had. I have tons of photos of them so I hope you like photos.
1) Gardein crispy tenders on a whole wheat sandwich thin with honey mustard, and kale and spinach sauteed with garlic and olive oil:
By the way, this is the kale and spinach in the pan when I first put them in (kale on the right, spinach on the left):
And this is after a minute or so…amazing how much spinach wilts down in a hot pan!
2) Gardein crispy tenders on a whole wheat sandwich thin with barbecue sauce and kale sauteed with garlic:
3) WildWood southwest flavor sprouted tofu burger on a whole wheat sandwich thin with lettuce, tomato, and avocado, with a side of Sabra roasted pine nut hummus and organic cucumber slices:
4) WildWood original flavor sprouted tofu burger on a whole wheat sandwich thin with lettuce, tomato, and BBQ sauce, with a garlic dill pickle (because when is a pickle ever not the solution to all your problems? All this time, I should have been writing “pickle” on my exams when I didn’t know the answer.)
5) ED&BV Lemon Chickpea Lentil soup with rustic bread and Smart Balance light:
6) ED&BV Lemon Chickpea Lentil soup with a beet medley (roasted bulbs; stalks and greens sauteed with garlic):
I had never eaten beet stalks before and let me tell you, they are a delight.
7) Flat bread with Sabra pine nut hummus, cucumber, and tomato, with the fava beans from my last post, sauteed with garlic and olive oil:
The fava beans were SO GOOD! I wished I had more.
8– Leftover Ancho Lentil mix from this recipe, on a whole wheat sandwich thin, with lettuce and a swirl of dijon mustard, a side of kale sauteed with garlic, and a pickle (duh):
9) Leftover Ancho Lentil mix on a whole wheat sandwich thin, with lettuce, chopped tomato, and a side of roasted beets:
I should have had a pickle.
Some of these were repeated one or more times. Ya know…lather, rinse, repeat. Plus, when something’s this tasty, why change anything about it? I have to say, #3 might have been the best lunch I’ve ever had. The WildWood southwest flavor is my favorite by far (I’ve also had shiitake and original), and my avocado was heavenly.
So ripe and creamy.
Also, how much do you love Sabra hummus? I’m not plugging them for any reason other than that I love them…I mean, look at this perfection:
I loved this lunch so much that I took a couple extra beauty shots:
A perfect burger
MMM sabra sabrosa…sorry it’s a little blurry, I was too hungry to focus, I guess.
The next time I post, it will be posting as a non-law student! Woo!!
Me: Someone found my blog yesterday by searching for “deformed chocolate chip cookies.”
H: That’s a funny way to spell delicious.