Here are the steps:
- Bring a large pot of UNSALTED water to a boil.
- De-husk the corn cobs and place them in the water.
- Leave them there until the water starts to boil again (this takes maybe 2 minutes tops). [Note: if you want it a little softer and less al dente, give it an additional minute in the boiling water.]
- As soon as the water is boiling again, remove the corn with tongs.
- Season to taste and eat, typewriter-style.
My absolute favorite flavor right now is Chili Lime Corn on the Cob. To make, just spread a pat of Earth Balance over the still-warm corn, then add a squeeze of fresh lime juice, a sprinkle of salt and pepper, and a generous couple of dashes of mild chili powder (or for an incredible kick, try a spice mixture like Slap Ya Mama). Toss to coat evenly, and enjoy. My mouth is watering just thinking about it…
This is so quick and fail-proof that I’ve recently taken to eating a piece of corn as a snack when I get home from work. It also makes a fantastic side to pretty much any dinner entree. Right now is the time to enjoy sweet end-of-summer corn, so don’t delay!
I’m also sharing this delicious corn dish in this week’s Virtual Vegan Linky Potluck–check it out!